Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Blank Canvas

We had a very relaxed New Year's.  We stayed home and just enjoyed each other.  We did pull out the Martinelli's and took turns talking about what was our favorite thing that happened in 2010 and also one thing that we hoped to accomplish in 2011. It was a really nice way to end a year and I hope that we make it a new family tradition.

The tree is gone, the wrappings are tossed and pretty much all remnants of the holidays are gone.  I love the decorations for the holidays, but I have to confess that I LOVE putting it all away.  (I think that my mom is a little concerned that one of these years I won't even wait for Christmas Day to put it all away.) 

I love the cleanliness and the emptiness of my space.  There is something so invigorating to me about having a clean slate.  It seem so appropriate to start a new year with a blank canvas.

2011
A decade has passed--a significant decade in my life.  It kind of overwhelms me to think what this next decade will bring:  teenagers, Jr.High, teen love, kids driving, kids attending and graduating from high school, Thomas serving a mission, two kids in college, turning 40, etc. (I think that means that I will officially be a grown-up?)

I have been thinking a lot about my life and the direction I want to go this year as well as what I want to do with the next ten.

I love the freshness of starting over and the excitement of filling my blank canvas.  I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Happy New Year's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...