Thursday, December 2, 2010

December 2nd

The tree is up, the decorations are out and Christmas music is playing.  Believe it or not, I only have one or two gifts left to buy.  My shopping is nearly complete!!  This is a first.

My kids are already asking if tonight is the night that Santa is coming.  Christian even told me that it is "boring" having to wait so long for Santa to come now that that tree is up.  Ummm, hello Christian, the tree has been up for one day...

December 2nd has always been a special day for my family because it was my dear Grandma Helen's birthday.  She would have been 86 today.

In honor of her love for life, we cooked one of her all time favorite meals: Black eyed peas with rice and homemade cornbread.  It was a nice excuse to think of her and enjoy some good southern food.

I know that I have said it before, but she was a remarkable woman.  I don't know many people who impacted lives the way she did.  She was passionate, happy and made the most of everyday.  Her laughter was contagious and I don't think I ever heard her say a negative thing about anyone.  I think I want to be like her when I grow up...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...