Thursday, November 18, 2010

Does bad luck come in threes?

It has been an interesting week around here.  I sort of feel like those kids in the movie, "A Christmas Story" who are getting tortured by the bully after school and no matter how loud they yell "Uncle," the bully won't let them go until he is satisfied.

I am not one to be superstitious, but does bad luck really come in threes?  I hope so. 

This past week delivered the following:

1. After 11 faithful and trusty years, my dryer broke.  Fun.

2. The IRS informed us that Romney's 2008 employer has decided that he does not want to pay employment taxes for Romney.  Long story short, the IRS is sticking us with the hefty bill to pay for the employment withholdings.  The IRS gave us less than a week to pay it in full.  It is due tomorrow. Ouch.

3.  My car has been making a weird and "expensive sounding" noise.  We were informed yesterday that the clips holding the engine in place are broken, it will be $3000 to fix.  Awesome.

All I can say is:
Uncle....Uncle.....UNCLE!!!!!  


1 comment:

  1. Oh Alecia. Dad told me the bad news. Duh! I'm a true believer in the bad things come in 3's, but hold your breath for a week just in case ;).

    I laughed when I was in Colorado and you said your car was making expensive sounding noises. I thought that was funny. Unfortunately it was true. Very sad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...