Wednesday, January 11, 2012

L.O.V.E = T.I.M.E

It is a new year and as always I am self-reflecting and trying to determine how I can make the most of a new start.  I keep asking myself how I am going to fill my blank canvas?  What do I want to make of 2012?

As I look back over the year and see all that was accomplished, I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude.  It was a good year.  My family was deeply blessed with good health and plenty of quality time together.

Over the past few weeks, thanks to Romney's generous gift of a new computer, we have enjoyed watching years of family photos roll through the slideshow on my screen.  It has been so fun to see dozens of images of memories we had forgotten.  We have laughed, cried and many times found ourselves sitting for too long waiting for the next image to appear.

I have loved seeing our lives and be reminded of what we have experienced, accomplished and even overcome.  I have loved seeing time frozen in those pictures.

Seeing the drastic changes in my kids faces has been astounding.  When did Thomas become a young man?  When did Lauren lose her munch-able cheeks? When did Christian's face mature?  When did Sophie stop being my toddler?  It happened right in front of me and I didn't even realize how much I would miss it.






Time is an interesting thing because it is the one gift we are all allotted equally.  I can't help but ask myself, am I doing all that I can with the time I am given?  Is my time being filled with things that matter most?

I recently read a General Conference talk written by Elder Ian Ardern called, "A Time to Prepare."  He talked about the importance of time management.  He also referenced Elder Dieter Uchtdorf when he said,  "In family relationships love is really spelled t-i-m-e."

I can't stop thinking about that.  It is such a powerful reminder and something that I certainly want to incorporate into my focus.

I think for 2012, I want to remember that LOVE = TIME.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...