Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Potential

I am not a Katy Perry fan.  She bugs.

However, her song Fireworks is one of the coolest songs I have heard in a long time.  I love the message.  Thanks to the Glee episode last night, this song is stuck on the brain.

"You just gotta ignite, the light, and let it shine
Just own the night like the 4th of July...


"Even brighter than the moon,
It's always been inside of you,
And now it's time to let it through."


I was on the phone with Romney last night and we were talking politics...(confession, we are political junkies...) and he casually told me that I should start a "Moms for Mitt" campaign here in Colorado. 

WHAT?!?

Now, this is not to say that I am going to accept the challenge...I am after all a crazy mom who can some days barely make all my appointments, make beds, successfully feed my kids just 1 vegetable and let's be honest, keep it together...but I'll admit that I have been thinking a lot about what he said. 

Mostly, because I took it as a great compliment that he thinks I still have the potential to do something on that grand of a scale.  He still sees a potential in me that I have long forgotten.  Believe me, I am right where I want to be...happily married and able to stay home with 4 inspiring kids...but thanks to Romney's challenge, I think it might be a healthy exercise to ask myself every now and then:

"Have I reached my full potential? Am I still a firework?"

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the idea. Seriously. You would be FANTASTIC!!! I know you are busy and stressed but you get the issues and you get politics and you just have a way with it. Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! I will help you...this so interests me, I probably wouldn't be much help cause I have no idea what to do! But, you would be perfect for something like this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...