Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hi, I'm Alecia...

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that our church would be participating in wide reaching media blitz in several cities, including Denver. The media effort is simply to clarify misconceptions and basically improve the overall public image of our church.  As the spotlight has been thrust on our church in recent weeks due to the controversial remarks made by a pastor of different faith, I realize how important this media effort truly is.

At the media blitz meeting, those in attendance were challenged to go to mormon.org and not only familiarize ourselves with the site, but also create a personal profile.

My family loves this site.  We love the short videos and we watch them all the time.  The idea however, of having a profile about myself made me feel a little uncomfortable.  I was a little reluctant...but then I realized...as I mentioned here, as long as there is a conversation going on about my church, I would like to be a part of it.

So, I did it.  Feel free to take a peek.

Tonight a friend sent me a link to this cool video about Brandon Flowers, the lead singer for "The Killers."  He is a Mormon and he also wants to be a part of the conversation.  Here is a link to his "I am a Mormon" profile.



To my friends and family...I would like to challenge you to do the same thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...