Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Idea of Pets

My kids are dying for a pet.  I know that animals are fun, but I also think they are really dumb.  Every once in a while, I think a pet might be fun, but then I think of what is associated with a pet, namely: poop, hair, stinky food, need bathing, need walking, and worst of all, they like to be touched. Yuck.

With that in mind, this is a conversation that Lauren and I had not too long ago:

Lauren: "Mom, what is your favorite kind of animal?"

Alecia: "A Stuffed Animal."

Lauren: "Besides a stuffed animal, what is your other favorite kind of animal?:

Alecia:  "A Crystal Animal."

Lauren: "Mom, besides a crystal or stuffed animal, what is your favorite kind of animal?"

Alecia: "A Photo of an Animal."

I know.  I am lame, but after the past few weeks, I think I will have a new reply to her frequently asked question.

 "Mom, can we have a pet?"  

My new answer:
 "Yes.....you can "have" the pet baby bunnies that live under our front porch!"




Perfect. :)

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you loved crystal creatures...I know what I am getting you for your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Savanna, you didn't know that I love crystal creatures? All I need is the unicorn to make my collection complete...just an idea for my birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get one.

    Suggestion: maybe your kids can walk the neighbors' dogs. Or go to the zoo more often.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...