Monday, October 18, 2010

Ahhh Family...

We had Nan and Dwight and Romney's sister Elisabeth and her two kids come for a visit.  We had such a great time together and I was reminded how much I love family.  There is something to be said for the incessant laughter of cousins and the long, bonding conversations that take place between loved ones after meals just sitting around the table.  We ate well, laughed a lot and even shared some touching conversations together about the fragility of life.  We made some great memories and the time went by too fast.  We are hoping that the 7 1/2 hour drive went by quickly, so that they will want to return sooner than later.

Sophie and William are so cute together and their friendship is so sweet.  I don't think that they stopped giggling the whole weekend. 

 

We had amazing weather the whole time, so we spent plenty of time at the park enjoying the sun and the beautiful fall weather.  We were even able to enjoy Thomas' soccer game...they came in second, but we still had fun.



On Saturday, we spent a few hours roaming the charming streets of Boulder.  We ate lunch at an amazing BBQ place.  My mouth still waters when I think about those ribs and that BBQ sauce.  YUM!


Downtown Denver

On our last evening together, we let the kids decorate some sugar cookies for Halloween.  It was great.


Saying our tearful goodbyes.


It was a great weekend and we are already longing for more visits from family...who's next????

2 comments:

  1. I just put my family's faces in those photos and it made me miss you guys. Glad to see things are going well. Love that I can check in and see your kids. Lauren is getting more and more beautiful. Tell them to stop growing would ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me so excited to come out next weekend. It won't be long enough, but at least it is something. Oh and Thomas is looking like a teen. How frightening is that?!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...